Spank Spike Flat Pedal
Spank Spike Alloy MTB pedals
The Spike Flat Pedal achieves an ultra-thin 12mm thickness without compromising a closed axle design or ultimate strength.
By utilizing a cold forged pedal body and special scandium enriched, hollow taper steel axle, paired with a thin walled IGUS outboard bushing. The results are improved pedaling and cornering clearance, lowered center of gravity, reduced "pedal flip" effect, and improved pedalling efficiency as the rider's foot is brought closer to the center axis of the pedal.
Chamfered leading and side edges also improve the pedals ability to glance over obstacles and reduce impact forces.
Oversized, full compliment, industrial sealed inboard bearings slam flush with crankarms to reduce leverage on the bearing unit while at the same time reducing Q-factor, which further improves pedalling efficiency and rider positioning.
Finally the extra long 90+cm2 platform improves grip and support, while further reducing the "pedal flip" effect during climbing or aggressive pedalling. The Spike Flat is truly a revolution in pedal design!" - Gavin Vos (Designer | Spank Co-founder)
- 12mm Thin - Massive Platform
- 400g per pair
- Cold Forged Alloy Pedal Body
- Hollow Taper Scandium Enriched Steel Axle
- Chamfered Leading Edges for Improved Clearance and Reduced Impact Forces
- Chamfered Side Edges for Improved Cornering Clearance
- Oversized Sealed Full Compliment Inboard Industrial Bearing
- Sealed Outboard IGUS Bushing
- 20 Adjustable Pins per Pedal
- Full Sized Hex Head Pins Improve Durability and Maintenence
- Inboard Friction Seal Prevents Contamination and Reduces Unwanted Pedal Spin
- Color: Zesty Orange / Ti-Grey / Black / Race Blue / Race Red
- True Flat Platform - Concave Pin Pattern - Ultimate Grip and Adjustability!