Mucky Nutz Short Mudguard
Colour - Black
Meet the Mucky Nutz MugGuard... our super, snazzy, award-winning mudguard for mountain bikes, made in the UK from 100% recycled plastic.
"The Mucky Nutz MugGuard is affordable and performs impeccably. We would choose the short model for year-round riding and long for the worst of winter. If cost is a consideration, the MugGuard is really all you need, taking our BEST VALUE award"
- Enduro-mtb.com: https://enduro-mtb.com/en/the-best-mtb-mudguard-review/
Living in the land of muck, we have the perfect testing ground for designing and developing a high performing muck-muncher and it's fair to say we're pretty chuffed with the result... an award-winning, eco-savvy mudguard aka MugGuard.
Designed to fit 26-29 inch standard and boost suspension forks with tyres up to 3 inch wide.
It can also be used as a rear mudguard on some frames but this is not guaranteed, so please get in touch if unsure.
- Forward lip to catch and minimise spray.
- Sharp trailing edge to cut cloggy soil away from the tyre.
- Recessed bridge area to increase tyre clearance.
- Wide upper arm profile to protect your seals and stanchions.
- Six fastenings, to anchor the guard firmly to the fork, so there is no rattling and minimal movement, even in the rockiest conditions.
- Multiple fastening slots for increased functionality.
- Supplied with re-useable Velcro for easy installation and quick-release.
- Gloss underside finish to shed make and make for easy cleaning.
- Finished in a stealthy matt black with contrasting gloss features, the MugGuard is a sleek looking piece of kit.
Eco! Eco! Eco! (Just in case you haven't got the brief yet) The MugGuard is made from recycled PP, which we've modified to increase performance and durability against the elements, and at the end of its life can be recycled... Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
When it comes to packaging, we prefer a minimalistic approach, so you'll find the MugGuard and its Velcro neatly assembled to a simple cardboard hanger. No additional zip-ties or plastic in sight.
- Length: 400mm
- Width: 85mm
- Weight: 75g
- Fitting using Velcro is very easy. You are supplied with a 900mm roll, which allows for 6 fasteners.
- Take the roll and wrap the Velcro around the fork lower, fluffy side facing in (we like to use technical terms), and overlap this by 40-50mm. Cut two of this length from the roll. These are the bottom fasteners.
- Repeat the process in line with where the middle slots will be positioned on the fork.
- Wrap the remaining Velcro around the top arch in line with where they will eventually be fitted, again overlapping by 40-50mm. Cut two of these from the roll.
- Offer the guard up to the fork and choose which top slots align with the arch, to hold the guard at the best angle to allow maximum clearance.
- Thread the Velcro straps through the designated slots and fasten the guard to the fork. Start at the top and work your way down. Be firm with the Velcro but there is no need to over-tighten and risk damaging the guard.
- It may take a little adjusting to get the guard seated firmly but after a short while, it will naturally mould to the shape of the fork.
- The MugGuard is 85mm wide and will fit most standard MTB suspension forks fitted with disc brakes and a forward-facing arch. Please measure the width of the fork below the arch, to ensure compatibility.
- The 'legs' of the guard extend down 150mm, please ensure there is no more than 140mm distance from the underside of the arch to the top of the 'lowers' to allow room for the fasteners.
- The guard can potentially be fitted to the rear of some bikes, typically used as a rear linkage/shock guard. Compatibility is not guaranteed so please ask for advice before purchasing.
- There is so much variation between frame and fork manufacturers, and the geometry changes every year which makes it hard to produce a truly 'universal' product. If you are not sure about the compatibility please email us with your bike/fork model.
- The MugGuard is highly unlikely to fit between older rim style brakes (V Brakes) and is unlikely to fit a rigid fork.
Due to warranty and supply agreements, all bicycles must be collected from one of our stores.
Note: we also do free setup on all new bikes so allow a bit of extra time (approx. 20 minutes) when you are collecting the bike for us to get it dialled in for you.
$8.99 Flat Rate Nation Wide Shipping or get Free Shipping over $99
Excludes bikes (pick up in store only), bike racks, and baby seats (contact us for shipping prices). Postal addresses must be business or residential address, we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
Our stock is split over 2x locations (item location and availablity shown on product page) so we may send orders out in separate packages or collate an order before shipping which could take longer. On items that are just coming from one location we endeavour to ship all orders placed before 3pm Mon-Fri on the same day. Any orders placed after 3pm, or over the weekend, will be sent on the next business day.
Delivery time is usually 3-5 business days from time of collection for North Island and South Island non-rural customers. Please allow an additional 1-2 business days for rural deliveries, depending on your area. These times are estimates only and may vary.
Please note that while we allow returns the item needs to be in as new condition and may incur a 20% restocking and/or we may on-charge freight if you have just changed your mind on a free shipping order.
Address for returns:
128 Target Road, Glenfield, Auckland 0627
At Pitcrew we carry all the products on our website in stock in our stores in Pukekohe and North Shore. If you have any questions about the product, feel free to contact us before ordering to discuss your requirements.
Interest free finance with Gem Visa/ Gem CreditLine
Apply online - Pay instore or online at the checkout
6 months 0% interest available when you spend more than $250
12 months 0% interest available when you spend more than $500
18 months 0% interest available when you spend more than $1000
INSTORE ONLY - 24 months 0% interest available when you spend more than $2000.
Excludes eBikes and discounted items.
T&Cs & fees apply incl. a $55 Gem Visa estb. fee & annual fees ($52 Gem Visa/$50 Gem CreditLine). Interest rate (currently Gem Visa 25.99%p.a./Gem CreditLine 29.95% p.a.) applies after interest free term ends.