The Bosch Nyon on-board computer paves the way for a fully connected e-biking experience. The all-rounder combines navigation, e-bike control and fitness training in just one device. What’s more, it comes with more compact dimensions and a modern portrait format in the 2021 model year. In addition, Bosch has given its all-rounder a touchscreen operation as well as numerous other features that promise first-class handling and thus even more enjoyable e-biking.
The eBike Connect App connects the Nyon with the smartphone and exchanges data about routes and activities. The robust and easy-to-read colour display supports you as a smart guide when exploring previously unknown places and acts as a personal trainer by providing fitness data. You can operate the all-in-one on-board computer intuitively and easily via the touchscreen, change settings and enter destinations. Quick scrolling while riding or changing the assistance level is also possible via the easy-to-access, separate control unit.
In order to help you achieve your goals, you will not only have access to your ride data, but also to fitness data such as calories burned as well as performance and cadence data. All this data can be customised on different displays. What’s more, it can also be connected to a compatible heart rate sensor. Thanks to Bosch eBike Connect, you can analyse all data on your smartphone, tablet or PC, plan new tours and transfer them to the Nyon together with the right map material. A smarter, more intuitive and more connected generation – this is what connected biking with the Nyon 2 on-board computer feels like.
The Bosch Nyon retrofit kit is compatible with all Bosch product series from model year 2014.
Even more comfortable: The Touch function makes Nyon even more intuitive and a separate control unit can be used while riding.
Beautiful design, both inside and out: The 3.2-inch, high-resolution colour display combines smart functions with elegant design.
Clear visibility in all light conditions: The display brightness and backlight automatically adjust to the ambient light. A special coating reduces reflections and fingerprints. You can choose between a dark or light display with maximum contrast.
Absolute focus on the essentials: The user interface on the display can be adapted to the rider's specific needs. This means that you can see the information you need at all times.
ALWAYS READY FOR ACTION
Whatever the weather: The touchscreen of the robust display remains fully functional, even in rainy or dusty conditions, and can even be operated when wearing cycling gloves.
POSITION ON REQUEST
Perfectly tailored support: To ensure the best possible readability, there are two mounting positions to choose from for the display mount. The central mounting above the handlebar is specially designed for e-mountain bikers, while touring riders can move the mount further forward.
SMART CONNECTIVITY FUNCTIONS
The perfect combination: Nyon is part of a smart connected system and opens the door to the connected e-bike world of Bosch by means of the smartphone app and the online portal.
Always in dialogue: As soon as Nyon connects to the smartphone or WiFi, the on-board computer connects to the user's Bosch eBike Connect account and automatically synchronises the ride data.
ONE DEVICE, SEVERAL USERS
Share the benefits: You can share the Nyon with family or friends – everyone can then synchronise their ride data with their own account.
Always up-to-date: Software updates or new maps can be conveniently wirelessly downloaded and installed.
Your surroundings at a glance: Thanks to the freely available OSM map material, you can get to know your surroundings better and navigate with ease. You can enter destinations such as addresses or points of interest directly via the touch display – or you can select a destination by simply tapping on the map. Notification tones during the trip alert you to the next turn.
A good plan is the key: You can plan your routes conveniently in the eBike Connect online portal and transfer them to the Nyon. By integrating Outdooractive, Nyon users can choose between a variety of bike tours in the online portal; routes from Komoot can also be imported.
Easier location finding: The most recent destinations are clearly listed and can be easily selected. In addition, you can specify your home or work address in the online portal.
BACK TO THE START
No more losing your way: Your current location can be saved manually so that you can navigate back to this starting position at any time.
For long-lasting riding enjoyment: When a ride is being planned, Nyon shows whether a destination can be reached with the selected motor support. While on the move, you will receive an early heads up if a different support mode needs to be selected.
Always informed: Get live AccuWeather forecasts such as current weather and temperature, the probability of rain or the UV index and the forecasts for the next five hours directly on the screen.
Targeted fitness goals: The on-board computer uses pedal force and cadence to calculate the e-biker's performance and to give you more information on the intensity of your tour. In addition, it also shows the current calorie consumption and can be combined with an optional heart rate monitor. This makes it easier to attain fitness goals.
Increasing motivation: Nyon compares the speed, power and cadence of the current ride with the average values and shows you whether your own performance is better or worse than the average value.
For the best possible overview: In the Bosch eBike Connect smartphone app or online portal, users can call up a graphic display and detailed analysis of their own performance. This is ideal for adapting training.
SHARING FITNESS DATA
Connected with other riders: If you want to, you can easily share your recorded data and rides with apps like Strava and Komoot. Once the setup is complete, data is automatically synchronised.
Motivation for e-biking: Check out how much you save by choosing to use your e-bike instead of a car.
GREATER SAFETY WHILE ON THE MOVE
In view at all times: The Bosch eBike ABS control light is integrated in the display. By eliminating the separate control light, owners of a bike with Bosch eBike ABS, will benefit from an uncluttered handlebar.
Premium functions (optional, fee-based):
Intelligent additional theft protection: The Lock function disengages motor support when the Nyon display is removed. The electronic lock only unlocks again when the same on-board computer is re-connected.
INDIVIDUAL RIDE MODES
This premium function allows riders to create and configure their own riding modes. This allows motor support for different speeds to be perfectly adapted to a rider's personal riding style.
REMAINING TOPOGRAPHIC RANGE
Clear visuals: A map shows you how far you will probably get in the respective support mode, while considering the geographical conditions. This additional information enables you to plan your route even better.
• On-board computer retrofit kit for Bosch e-bike systems
• Transmissive TFT colour display with touch functionality
• Optimised anti-reflective coating
• Controlled using the supplied Remote Compact control unit
• Two buttons for On/Off and Light directly on the display
• Push-assist button on control unit to get assistance while pushing the e-bike
• Two mounting positions
• Integrated, high-precision GNSS navigation module
• Fast dual core processor
• High-resolution barometric altimeter
• Ambient light sensor automatically adjusts the backlight of the display
• Integrated battery provides power for approx. 30 minutes in off-road mode; in on-board mode, it is charged via the e-bike battery
• Protected against spray water from all directions
• Micro AB-USB port for e-bike system diagnostics by the specialist dealer as well as for charging the Nyon battery
• Synchronization via WiFi or Bluetooth Low Energy
• All activities and activity details are displayed in the eBike Connect smartphone app
• Display size: 3.23”, 384 × 454 pixels, 16 million colours, 52 x 64 mm active area
• Touchscreen: Yes
• Installation: handlebar (using the supplied display holder)
• Fits handlebar diameters: Ø 22.2 mm / 25.4 mm / 31.8 mm
• Battery: built-in lithium-ion battery (3.7 V; 1000 mAh)
• Interfaces: Micro USB
• Memory: approx. 8 GB (approx. 6 GB available)
• Riding modes: 5 (see below for details and restrictions)
• Ride data: yes
• Gear change recommendation indicator: yes
• Navigation: map display*
• Map view: 2D or 3D
• Turn-by-turn directions: yes
• Offline route planning: yes (worldwide)
• Route options: fast / nice / eMTB ("short" for S-Pedelecs)
• GPS: yes
• Activity tracking: yes*
• Fitness tracking: yes*
• Digital third-party services: yes*
• Push assistance: yes
• Standby mode: yes
• DualBattery compatible: yes
• Bosch Lock compatible: yes (paid premium function)
• Compatible with Bosch eShift: yes
• Compatible with Bosch eBike ABS: yes
• Compatible with Bosch eSuspension: no
• Radio protocol: Bluetooth 4.2 Low Energy (e.g. for heart rate monitor devices)
• Waterproof rating: IPX5 (protected against spray water from all directions)
• Temperature range: -5 °C to +40 °C (operation) and +10 °C to +40 °C (storage)
• Charging current at USB port: max. 1500 mA**
• Charging current via USB port: 5V
• Software updates: via app*
• App compatibility: Android from version 5.1, iOs from version 10
• Weight: approx. 200 g
*Only in conjunction with a smartphone connected via Bluetooth and the eBike Connect app. GPS must be activated on the smartphone for track navigation.
** Charging current to charge Nyon. External devices cannot be charged.
Bosch product series compatibility:
• 2nd Generation: Active Line (BDU2XX); Performance Line/Speed (BDU2XX); Performance Line CX (BDU2XX)
• 3rd Generation: Active Line (BDU3XX); Active Line Plus (BDU3XX); Performance Line (BDU3XX)
• 4th Generation: Performance Line CX (BDU4XX); Performance Line Speed (BDU4XX); Cargo Line/Speed (BDU4XX)
• Off: No assistance, all display functions available.
• Eco: Low assistance at maximum efficiency for maximum range.
• Tour**: Constant assistance for long distances.
• Tour+**: Stepless assistance for a natural riding feel and energy-saving riding for sporty e-bikers.
• Sport/eMTB*: Powerful assistance for universal use, both for sporty riding and for commuting in city traffic.
• Turbo: Direct, maximum assistance for high cadence, for sporty riding.
*Progressive support for a natural riding feel and optimal control in demanding terrain.
**The Tour+ mode is available for e-bikes with Drive Unit Performance Line CX with derailleur gears (from model year 2020) and e-MTB mode and replaces the Tour mode.
In the box – Bosch Nyon upgrade kit anthracite:
• 1 Bosch Nyon display BUI350 (Nyon II, MY2021)
• 1 Bosch Compact control unit, 290 mm wire
• 1 Bosch display holder
• 1 Bosch adapter plate
• 1 Bosch Drive Unit wire 1500 mm
• 4 rubber spacers for 22.2 mm
• 4 rubber spacers for 25.4 mm
• 4 rubber spacers for 31.8 mm
• 1 manual and installation instructions
Due to warranty and supply agreements, all bicycles must be collected from one of our stores.
Note: we also do free setup on all new bikes so allow a bit of extra time (approx. 20 minutes) when you are collecting the bike for us to get it dialled in for you.
$8.99 Flat Rate Nation Wide Shipping or get Free Shipping over $99
Excludes bikes (pick up in store only), bike racks, and baby seats (contact us for shipping prices). Postal addresses must be business or residential address, we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
Our stock is split over 2x locations (item location and availablity shown on product page) so we may send orders out in separate packages or collate an order before shipping which could take longer. On items that are just coming from one location we endeavour to ship all orders placed before 3pm Mon-Fri on the same day. Any orders placed after 3pm, or over the weekend, will be sent on the next business day.
Delivery time is usually 3-5 business days from time of collection for North Island and South Island non-rural customers. Please allow an additional 1-2 business days for rural deliveries, depending on your area. These times are estimates only and may vary.
Please note that while we allow returns the item needs to be in as new condition and may incur a 20% restocking and/or we may on-charge freight if you have just changed your mind on a free shipping order.
Address for returns:
128 Target Road, Glenfield, Auckland 0627
At Pitcrew we carry all the products on our website in stock in our stores in Pukekohe and North Shore. If you have any questions about the product, feel free to contact us before ordering to discuss your requirements.
Interest free finance with Gem Visa/ Gem CreditLine
Apply online - Pay instore or online at the checkout
6 months 0% interest available when you spend more than $250
12 months 0% interest available when you spend more than $500
18 months 0% interest available when you spend more than $1000
INSTORE ONLY - 24 months 0% interest available when you spend more than $2000.
Excludes eBikes and discounted items.
T&Cs & fees apply incl. a $55Gem Visa estb. fee & annual fees ($52Gem Visa (charged $26half yearly) / $55Gem CreditLine (charged $27.50half yearly)). Interest rate (currently Gem Visa26.99% p.a. / Gem CreditLine29.95% p.a.) applies after interest free term ends. Credit provided by Latitude Financial Services Ltd.